Friday, January 30, 2009

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo

Finally, a recipe from one of my daughters, Miriam. We tried Terry's Broccoli Cheese soup this week and it was very good. Mark looked at the soup and rolls and asked where's the meat- just kidding Terry!

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
1# Linguine/fettuccine (I think we did more like 1 1/2#)
2 cups broccoli(cooked)
4Tbsp. butter
3 ch. breasts (cut into cubes)
1c. milk
3/4c. Parmesan cheese
1/4tsp. pepper
2tsp. garlic
mushrooms (we did just one can, but fresh would be much better!)

1 can cream of mushroom soup(or cream or mushroom roasted garlic--if you did this one you might cut down on the garlic)

Cook noodles. Cook your broccoli. Heat butter and add chicken and cook until tender. Stir in soup, milk, cheese, pepper, linguine, mushrooms, garlic, and broccoli. Cook until hot and bobbling.

This was SOOO good! Definitely a keeper! =) We had it with Italian bread. YUMMY!

2 comments:

  1. MMMMM! Sounds good!

    I think it sounds exceptionally good after eating freeze-dried and canned food all weekend. :)

    Now that this weekend excursion is past, I'm hoping to find time to actually try some of these recipes instead of just drooling over them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried this today and took it to home fellowship! Quite yummy. Our ratings:

    Mom: A-
    Hannah: B+
    Dad: C+

    My suggestions:
    -Less noodles and more sauce. Mom added only about 3/4# of noodles, and it seemed a bit dry so I whipped up a quick white sauce to add to it.
    -Crunchier, chunkier broccoli. I need to think on this... but I like having broccoli chunks in my chicken and broccoli alfredo. I don't know if just barely cooking them before putting them in would work?
    -I also plan on using this next time, instead of the canned cream of mushroom soup: http://www.tammysrecipes.com/homemade_cream_chicken_soup

    We definitely would make this again.

    ReplyDelete